There are a lot of interpretations of “balance”. Summer is perfect time to talk about this. Many of us use summer life to realign our lives. Who gets to define the definition of a balanced life? What does it look like really? According to the dictionary the definition is described as…
- a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc
- mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
- (in winemaking) the degree to which all the attributes of a wine are in harmony, with none either too prominent or deficient.
Some people think you should live life “un-balanced” in order to thrive. And I partially agree with them. Somethings are better off unbalanced. Being balanced means you can’t be hard-core in anything because you must have the same ratio with everything. I do not beleive there is such thing as work/life balance – life is also great work if you are striving for anything at all. Only work versus rest can ever look to find a “balance”.
Instead of talking about balanced forces and/or whether “unbalanced” is actually healthier let’s use a completely different phrase. Well rounded. I like this phrase because this individual has learned the art of using balance and unbalance to their advantage.
It’s about how to have unbalance and do it the right way. This in turn gives us the space and emotional stability that we all are craving. Every single one of us wants the calm presence and confidence that we’re doing life the way we are supposed to.
Balance actually starts with a thought process. A well rounded thought process is about finding rest, positive space, and energy to max out your life in a fashion that you see as productive. It’s about finding the mental position in life that no matter what comes our way and no matter what circumstances we find ourself in we are able to weigh it correctly and make the right choice.
Are you on auto pilot mode with how you think?
What you think, you start to feel, and what you feel creates your actions.
What actions are you creating by what your thinking? Certain thoughts create certain feelings that can really spiral us in an unhealthy way. The reverse is also true.
This knowledge can be inspirational in how you want to run your life. I am not teaching anything that hasn’t been taught before. However, let us be reminded;
You are what you think.
Are you thinking stressful thoughts? Are you thinking – you can’t do it? Are you thinking in a balanced way?
Positive Action is based on the intuitive philosophy that we feel good about ourselves when we do positive actions. … The essence of the program is to emphasize those actions that promote a healthy and positive cycle.
Here are my tips for creating a positive thought process, positive results, and a well-rounded life.
- Plan your week and write your top focuses out!!! Every single Sunday start off with this practice – (it will change your life)
- Get in t some sunshine time everyday you can; if it’s not pouring rain you should not have an excuse for not going outside – this bursts energy and joy like nothing else can. Put on your sunscreen and get outdoors
- Drink lots of fresh water
- Speak something lovely to yourself everyday – quotes, mantras and beautiful phrases are everywhere
- Follow people who inspire – you are who you spend time with and now with so much social media at your finger tips you can literally follow, be apart of and even engage with the most inspiring people on earth. There is no excuse for allowing others to drag you down and that don’t fill you. Be a light to others but follow people who are light for you.
- Sit up and stand up! Correct posture brings composure. With that it in play it gives you a feeling of well roundedness and assurance. It creates positive action.
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;…