My daughter is tuning three at the end of the month. I can not believe my baby is three! With the event of my son turning one this last April and the year before both my hubby and I had big milestone birthday’s. We have really hit it out of the park when it comes to celebrating. Which I love! I love getting to say “Horray!” for being in my life, for being one year older, for just being alive!
However, parties can get out of hand and so we have opted to go a little smaller this year for our three-year old. I’ll admit it is hard to keep it small for my miracle baby’s b-day but I am trying. Its been a very busy summer and I am loving having things come to a steady stream of normal and routine before the rush of back to school, holiday’s and a more full calender.
With the summer coming to a close and the thoughts of keeping it simple in this crazy heat I thought some ideas on making life fun at home in the ordinary would benefit some of my reader’s. Some days it’s all I can do to keep my head above water. I do love every minute of it but for my sanity some of these ideas have been so much fun, and helped me live in the moment. They have helped me live more simply.
- Finger paint in the tub! Strip the kids down and let them make a mess. Once they are done rinse off everything. No mess!
- Paper plates are a must in summer time! #nodishes
- Crockpot meals
- Tents; inside the house! Staying bug and heat free is tons of fun!
- Dance party!!! blast some music and go to town
- Hide and seek, bubbles, and play dough are all old classics
- Whip up vanilla wafers with some butter smash in a pan, whip up one package of cream cheese and two cups of coconut non dairy whip cream, slice some peaches thinly and layer, freeze 4 hours!! Yum!!
- Make time for date nights and enjoy the last of the longer nights!
- read a “Fun” book